Celebrate Accomplishments – Honor Leaders – Recognize Our Partners
June 15, 2010
On June 15, 2010, CHC hosted a celebration at the United States Botanic Garden where we celebrated accomplishments, honored exemplary leaders, and recognized our partners in the fight to eradicate hunger. We thank everyone who made this evening a success and for joining us in the movement to ensure access to food as a basic human right for all people.
Our distinguished honorees, Senator Richard G. Lugar, Representative John Lewis, Fellowship alumnus Javier Silva and Fellowship alumna Ashley Aakesson, were chosen for their significant contributions to fighting hunger in the United States and overseas. We thank them for their work in the past, and know they will continue to inspire others in the ongoing fight against hunger!
These awards were presented by Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, Representative Jo Ann Emerson, Representative James P. McGovern and Ambassador Tony Hall. We thank each of you for your significant contributions to fighting hunger in the United States and throughout the World.
A special thank you to the following corporations, foundations, organizations and individuals for sponsoring the 5th Annual CHC Awards Ceremony!
- General Mills
- Kraft Foods
- Monsanto Company
- American Airlines
- Land O’Lakes
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Con Agra Foods Foundation
- Feeding America
- Mars, Inc.
- American Beverage Association
- Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Yum! Brands, Inc.
Friends of the Center $2,500
- CQ Roll Call
- Food Marketing Institute
- Friends of the World Food Program
- International Dairy Foods Association
- Kellogg Company
- National Dairy Council
- Nestle USA
- Service Employees International Union
- Snack Food Association
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Victory Wholesale Group
- Watson/Mulhern, LLC
Non-Profit and Individual Sponsor $1,000
- Alliance to End Hunger
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- Bread for the World
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Dennis and Cindy Hertel
- E-S Foods Food Research and Action Center
- Marshall and Debbie Matz
- MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- National Farmers Union
- North American Millers Association
- School Nutrition Association
- Share Our Strength
- Students Team Up to Fight Hunger
- United Nations Foundation
- United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development