CHC works in close partnership with allied organizations to develop initiatives designed to shape policy and end hunger.
Some of CHC’s initiatives, past and present, include:
- Developing the Roadmap to End Global Hunger in cooperation with more than 40 organizations participating in the Roadmap Coalition.
- Working with the National Anti-Hunger Organizations (NAHO), a coalition of the leading secular and faith-based organizations working to end hunger in the United States, to publish The Roadmap to End Childhood Hunger by 2015.
- Administering the Victory Against Hunger (VAH) Awards, a grant program that provides $1,000 grants to organizations with creative programs addressing hunger in America.
- Implementing a Food As Medicine Campaign, in partnership with the Association of Nutrition Services Agencies (ANSA).
- Convening a National Hunger Forum, and commissioning discussion papers on the history of anti-hunger work in the 20th century.